Friday, April 4, 2014

Study

I spent two weeks in March at an intensive composition workshop with Nancy Crow. I love these workshops.... the days are long, I usually started at 7:30 am and worked until 10:30 pm when I'd start to make bad decisions or no decisions.
We spent two days making tiny compositions, mine turned out to be 15" x 15", and they were larger than many from other students.
Unruly Umbrellas. 15" x 15"

Then I spent 5 days on this...
10% to 90%  60" x 72"
Nancy said I should keep making quilts because I am tall!

Then I spent two days making this:
The Joke's On You   40" x 36"

It was one of my favourites. The next project took me the rest of the second week, two and a half days, and I didn't get it finished which is just as well because it went in a direction I didn't like. I won't be finishing it, but I will save some elements from it and move on.

Harlequin. Unfinished
Two weeks of intense patch-working, creating and learning with 22 serious artistic people (who are a lot of fun) is my idea of a good time!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- I love these Barb! You were rocking it and some are really big pieces. Go Barb go! And I love that you have a new header and are blogging again. On a roll… and ready to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colleen! You've been rockin it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Harlequin is worth saving. The Joke's on You is brilliant. Thank you Barb for sharing this. You've done a full month of study with Nancy in under a year. That's incredible or should I say crazy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. I have the parts of Harlequin in a bin, maybe I'll revisit it someday. I feel a little stretched and bruised, but it's all good!

      Delete