Thursday, March 24, 2011

Turning Point

I'm finishing quilts that have been on the back burner for a while. I am finishing them so I can move them on, to make room for a new way of working. I'll be at the Silk Purse gallery with some members of The Cutting Edge textiles group during the North Shore Art Crawl http://nsartcrawl.ca/ April 16 and 17, 2011. I'll be quilting, displaying and chatting about textiles and patterns and life in general. Come down and see us.
I am excited about my new start, which begins with a finish. Things are rarely as cut and dried as I imagine they could be, but I'm slowly getting used to the way of the world, how things are tangled together but become clear in the distance as I look back. I'm finding that the best way to do it is to enjoy the entanglement as it holds and releases me.

No comments:

Post a Comment